If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is not your average green goddess dressing, this is spiked, flavorful and packs a punch. It will have you sneaking spoonfuls and dipping everything including your finger in it. It is green. It is fit for a goddess. —Ladystiles
Makes 1 cup dressing
for the aioli
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 inch piece of anchocie paste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- pinches salt
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 small handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup loosely packed flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- Put the yolk in a wide-mouth jar and pulse for about 30 seconds with an immersion blender. Add a good pinch of salt, as much minced garlic as you'd like (I used 2 cloves, spicy!), the squirt of anchovy and the juice of half a lemon. Pulse again. While pulsing, slowly drizzle in the oil until the mixture is emulsified and creamy. Taste for salt, adding a touch more if necessary.
- Combine all ingredients in the jar of aioli. If you don't have an immersion blender this can be done in a food processor. There is no need to chop the spinach or herbs. Do be sure to slice the scallions. Pulse all of the ingredients until the begin to combine. Pulse for 5 seconds at a time until all of the greens are minced and well incorporated into the dressing. Taste. Add salt and pepper as necessary. Add a touch of buttermilk (or olive oil) to create a thinner consistency.
More Great Recipes: