If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is a hot humid day here. Looking at what I had on hand I came up with this recipe. It couples the super sweet woodruff sryup of Waldmeister with fresh lime. Fresh ginger adds some zing and lemon grass a subtle tone, too. I had flat tonic water to use, but fresh seltzer would be great. —Sagegreen
- 1 ounce Waldmeister (green, nonalcoholic sweet woodruff syrup)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly zested gingerroot
- 1 inch piece of lemon grass, cut into small pieces
- 12 ounces chilled selzter (or tonic) water
- 2 ice cubes
- In a shaker combine the Waldmeister and lime juice. Add the ginger and lemon grass. Muddle these with a wooden tool. Let these rest for half an hour. Muddle again.
- Pour the seltzer into a chilled glass. Next strain (using a fine sieve or cheesecloth) and pour the green flavoring into the glass. Stir. Add two ice cubes. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe