Author Notes: I have been making different variations of this cookie for years and this is its current incarnation. It all started as a child when i would come into the city to work with my dad. We would stop at the now defunct David's cookies in what is now the park central hotel. Never a fan for chocolate chip i fell in love with the dark chocolate cookie with white chunks and thus the love affair began. —kapnic
Makes: about a dozen good sized cookies
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
ounces unsweetened chocolate
cup semisweet chocolate
cup cake flour
tablespoons cocoa powder
teaspoon baking powder
cup chocolate chunks mixed: bittersweet, milk, white
- Over a double boiler melt the unsweetened chocolate, butter, and 1 cup semisweet chocolate.
- Ribbon together the eggs and sugar.
- Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Let rest for a few minutes to firm up.
- Scoop into desired sizes and bake at 325°F for about 5-10 minutes allowing the center of the cookie to remain slightly soft.
- For total insanity sprinkle the warm cookies with a pinch of fleur de sel.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cookie