Author Notes: This refreshing drink marries the floral qualities of Meyer lemon, elderflower, and a bouquet of fresh farmer's market herbs. Have a look: —fo
Zest of one Meyer lemon
sprigs fresh mint
fresh lavender, heads only
2 - 2.5 oz. *
Good quality sparkling water, such as Gerolsteiner
- Zest 1 of the Meyer lemons. Pull the leaves from the stems of all of your herbs.
- Fill a cocktail shaker 1/3 of the way with crushed ice, and add the following ingredients: the herb leaves and lavender flowers, lemon juice and zest & the elderflower syrup *you may need a half oz. more or less elderflower syrup dependent upon how large your lemons are. Start with the modest measure, and increase if needed. The finished drink should be a perfect sweet/tart balance.
- Muddle well with a muddling wand.
- Pour this mixture into two awaiting 8 oz glasses filled 1/2 way with crushed ice. Top off with fizzy water. Garnish with a mini fresh herb 'garden', and enjoy the sunshine!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe