If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: From the "top of the shop" spices, to the luscious sauce, this is one of the original one pot meals! —lorigoldsby
Serves 4 - 6
chicken thighs or legs
teaspoon each of ground cardamom, cinnamon (or 1 stick), coriander, cumin, paprika
teaspoons each of ginger and tumeric
small onion, large dice
carrots, bite sized chunks
large green olives
ounces can of fire roasted tomatoes
ounces marcona almonds
cup olive oil
- In tagine, mix olive oil and spices. Drop in chicken thighs and toss to coat. Drain any excess oil, spread out evenly within bowl.
- Add onion, carrots, olives and almonds.
- Thickly slice lemon, add coarse kosher salt and rub into their membranes with back of a spoon. (this is a cheat/shortcut to having preserved lemon)
- add canned tomatoes into reservoir as space allows. Any extra room-add chicken broth or wine. Cover with lid, bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
- Serve with couscous--often you can add it directly to the pot, allow to set for 20 min or according to package directions.. Can sub chicken thighs for one small lamb leg.