If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This float is soda fountain meets ice cream truck and all kinds of lip smacking deliciousness. Who doesn't have great memories of the orange/vanilla popsicle? Aside from being embarrassingly easy to make, it would also be yummy with freshly squeezed tangerine, or just plain freshly squeezed orange juice. I happened to have a bunch of beautiful blood oranges hanging around, so that's what I chose. —TiggyBee
Makes one drink
- 3 blood oranges (the goal is approx 3/4 cup of juice)
- big scoop of vanilla ice cream
- seltzer water
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges (my 3 yielded about 3/4 cup).
- After squeezing, pick the pulp out and add as much as you want to the juice.
- Place the big scoop of vanilla ice cream into a tall glass and and pour the juice and pulp over it, topping the drink off with seltzer. It will foam up, so it's a good idea to pour the seltzer in over the sink.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe