Author Notes: Sweet and sharp, hard to stop eating. Make sure you use fresh dry date, preferably Medjool. Can be served as an Hors d'oeuvres or even dessert\cheese course. —Cordelia
good Medjool dates
pound good quality sharp blue cheese
cups roasted hazelnuts (or roasted pecans)
tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
tablespoons good honey
tablespoons of chopped Italian parsley
In This Recipe
- Get the blue cheese to room temperature.
- Roast the pecans in a dry pan for about 7 min in low hit.
- Chop the nuts to small pieces.
- Mix the pecans and parsley with the blue cheese to a paste.
- Take out the date seed and open it up without breaking it up to two halves.
- Stuff each date with about full teaspoon of the blue cheese mixture.
- Serve at room temperature and drizzle balsamic vinegar and honey on top. If you want you can roast them just for 1 min under the broiler and serve them warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates