If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While trying my hand at adapting my mom's scone recipe, I stumbled upon Scookies! They're moist and flavorful and wonderful to eat on their own. Or they make a great flat pallette on which to spread jams, nut butters, or anything else you can imagine. —AdinaM
tablespoon flaxseed meal
tablespoons boiling water
grams all-purpose gluten free flour mixture
grams almond meal
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
cup butter, cold and diced
ounces plain sheep milk yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees 4 and line one or two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flaxseed meal and boiling water to create a paste, set aside.
- In a 14-cup food processor with the pastry blade, combine the flour mixture, almond meal, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Pulse to combine well and scrape down the sides to combine.
- Add the butter and pulse until the mixture befins to look crumbly. Scrape down the sides to combine.
- Add the yogurt and eggs and pulse until well combined, you may need to scrape down the sides and mix by hand to get the edges combined.
- Spoon 2 inch sized balls of the mixture onto the baking sheets at least 4 inches apart. Bake for about 15 mintues or until the edges have begun to brown.
- Cool on wire racks for at least 10 minutes before enjoying!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good