If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an unbelieveable easy and delicious recipe. Make it in bulk and freeze portions. It happens to be from a paleo diet inspiration, but it is awesome with rice, in tortillas, etc. —jwolfsthal
Serves a lot
- 20 chicken thighs (bone in, skin on)
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons oilve oil
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 hot peppers (to taste, optional)
- 1 jar Salsa Verde
- 1 cup water, or enough to just cover chicken
- add olive oil and brown chicken thighs, skin side down in batches - transfer to plate until all are done. save drippings.
- leave 2 tbsp chicken fat in dutch oven (or pot if transferring to crock pot) and add onions and garlic, sautee until soft.
- return chicken and drippings to dutch oven or transfer everything to crock pot.
- add insalsa verde and enough water to cover. for dutch oven cover and place in 275 degree oven for 3-4 hours. For crock pot, set on low and cook for hours until meat is falling off the bones.
- remove chicken and let cool. remove and discard bones and skin. Shred chicken and return to sauce. Cook down to desired consistency and serve.
- serving options include: 1) over rice 2) in tortillas 3) in lettuce wraps 4) as burrito filling 5) drained as empanada filling 6) as enchillada filling.