If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Not only gluten-free, but entirely grain-free, these are great cookies for folks with food allergies. And, bonus - you get a "recipe" for home made coconut butter, too! —TheMommyBowl
Makes: about 20 cookies
ounces unsweetened shredded coconut
- Put the coconut in a food processor and process until liquidy - about 10 minutes, scraping sides of the bowl occasionally.
Coconut Butter Cookies
batch of coconut butter (from above)
cup almond meal
cup garfava flour
teaspoon baking soda
tablespoons ground flax seed
tablespoons hot water
cup palm sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix the almond flour, garfava flour, salt, and baking soda together.
- Mix the flax seed and hot water together. Stir until gel forms.
- To the bowl of the food processor with the liquified coconut butter, and the palm sugar, vanilla extract, and the flax seed mixture. Pulse until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Pulse until thick dough forms.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll small (1 T.) balls of dough, place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and press with a fork in a criss cross pattern.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool completely before removing from pan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good