If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a versitile salad and I get requests for it all the time. You can use for a dressing either an bottled Italian dressing, which is perfect for taking to a picnic, or a bottled ranch dressing which is delicious as well.
You can change the meats and cheeses as well. Nice additions are hard salami, mortadella, your choices of cheeses.
This is easily doubled or increased in any quatity for a group also. —jane mcmillan
Serves: 10 to 12
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
ounces pasta, your choice farfalle, spaghetti, corkscrew tri color pasta is nice here too
tablespoons green pepper, diced
stalk celery, diced
small red onion, diced
ounces deli ham, diced
ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, diced
teaspoon each salt and pepper
cup bottled Italian or ranch dressing, your choice
- Cook pasta to package directions, run cold water over, and drain well.
- In a large bowl put the pasta, and all other ingredients, using 3/4 cup of salad dressing of choice.
- If I am taking to a picnic, I would use Italian dressing.
- Cover and chill. Right before serving, stir in the 1/4 reserved salad dressing, as pasta will absorb dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish