If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Each family has its own seasonally iconic dish. In my family, our iconic summer dish is tabouleh. It reminds me of picnics on the beaches of Bretagne and Center City backyard BBQ's. And, best of all, it is a versatile, easy-to-make, healthy recipe that is easily transportable from kitchen to picnic blanket. —gourmettenyc
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup finely chopped curly-leaf parsley
- 1 cup finely chopped mint
- 1 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 cucumber
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, soak couscous in 1 1/2 cups hot water for 20 minutes, or until water is completely absorbed.
- Meanwhile, finely chop parsley, mint, and scallions. Dice cucumber and tomatoes, eliminating seeds from both.
- Toss all ingredients together, adjusting for seasoning according to taste. Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish