If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My daughter's preschool is having a luau party for their last day of the year. We signed up for cookies and with the no nut restrictions sometimes the options are limited. Since coconut does not count as a nut at our school I thought coconut and fresh pineapple. I added a little whole wheat flour to counteract all the sugary cupcakes the kids will eat and to add a nutty flavour. —DebS
Makes about 2-3 dozen (depending on size)
- 1 cup unsalted, butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar (I used 1 cup each light and dark)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unbleached A.P. flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup medium shred unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped, fresh pineapple (about 1/2 a small one)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cream butter with sugars until light and fluffy
- Beat in eggs, one at a time
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture in about 3 additions.
- Stir in coconut and pineapple. (I put the cookie dough in the refrigerator overnight at this point or you could portion out into cookies and freeze)
- Portion out on cookie sheet to whatever size you want. Bake about 10-12 minutes are until golden on edges...I like my cookies still a bit moist in the centre. Enjoy! They are very tasty with ice cream and would probably make great ice cream sandwiches as they are fairly soft.