If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was inspired by faina, the wonderful chickpea sponge Brazillians place under their slices of pizza and it has become my go-to oh-my-god-I forgot-breakfast-and-its-four-in-the-afternoon dish over the past few days.
You can make it up in less than ten minutes, its ridiculously nutritious but it feels like you're eating fast food ;)
Its a great picnic dish (not contest-worthy, I'm afraid) a great afternnon snack, and great lunch or light dinner accompanying sliced garden tomatos and a hard cooked egg.
Serves 1 (raveous) or 2 as a side
- 1 clove garlic, mashed and minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced leak (white and light green, only)
- 1/2 thinly sliced red chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup chickpea powder
- 1 cup water
- olive oil
- In a medium-sized bowl ombine the garlic, leak, chilli, salt and vinegar. Add the chickpea power and water and whisk.
- Heat a modest amount of olive oil in a cast iron skillet till it is almost sizzing. Using a small ladle, pour three inch circles of the batter into the pan. Make as you would any other pancake, flipping over once its almost cooked through and riddled with holes.
- This is especially tasty with fresh tomatos and with avocado. Enjoy!