This focaccia bread not only travel travels beautifully , it will keep the kids happy too. Three different toppings so that everyone will get a piece they love .( Unless ,like me , you will want a piece of each )
This focaccia bread not only travel travels beautifully , it will keep the kids happy too. Three different toppings so that everyone will get a piece they love .( Unless ,like me , you will want a piece of each )—foodfanatic
cup bread flour
cup semolina flour
sachet instant yeast
teaspoons sea salt
cup warm water
medium red onions
tablespoons olive oil
cup balsamic vinegar
cup Taleggio cheese, grated
cup creme fraiche
- Place the flours and salt in a bowl and make a well in the middle. Add the yeast and sugar to the warm water. Leave for a few minutes until the mixture starts to foam. Pour into the well , mixing with a fork. As soon as the mixture comes together , knead vigorously for 5 minutes. Place the dough in a lightly oil large bowl and cover with a kitchen towel. Leave to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile for the onion topping fry the onions, sugar and thyme in the olive oil over low heat for 10 minutes until softened. Add the balsamic vinegar , allow the mixture to reduce for a few minutes and leave to cool.
- For the tomato topping , halve the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and add the chopped basil. Drizzle with olive oil and a splash of white wine vinegar. add the garlic slices.
- Mix the Taleggio cheese and creme fraiche together in a small bowl.
- To cook the focaccia, punch down the dough as soon as it has risen. Place in a parchment lined baking sheet and spread it out to cove the tray, making dips with your fingertips. Scatter the onion mixture on one third of the dough, followed by the tomato mixture and then the cheese. Sprinkle the cheese mixture with some grated parmesan and chopped rosemary. Season the focaccia with sea salt and pepper and a good drizzle of olive oil. Leave to prove for 20 minutes and then bake in a 450 oven for 20 minutes until golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish