Author Notes: Somehow while I was trying to upload a new recipe, it got published twice. So since I can't seem to delete it, I have decided to modify the recipe into another raw salad. I will upload a new photo, but am putting in a similar image which also shows white onion with Aleppo. - Sagegreen —Sagegreen
Food52 Review: Sagegreen is the Queen of Tom-Mango (tomatoes and mangoes, cf. Heirloom Tomato and Mango Lassi with Ground Sumac). This salad epitomizes the virtues of combining tomatoes and mangoes; it's simple to assemble and has a mix of ingredients that results in complex flavours. I loved the sweet and pleasant bite of white onions, balancing juicy mangoes and tasty tomatoes. Looking for fragrance? Enter lime, aka Citrus aurantifolia and basilicum, full of fresh, floral scents. Thank you SG. - Kitchen Butterfly —Kitchen Butterfly
cup fresh diced mango
cup diced heirloom tomato
cup, thinly sliced sweet white onion, optional
small jalapeno pepper, deseeded and diced, optional
8 basil leaves
juice from 1 fresh lime
pinch of salt grated from pink Himalayan salt chunk
light drizzle of EVOO, first press preferred
- Combine the mango and tomato in a bowl. Add optional onions and pepper.
- Roll up the herb leaves very tightly. Snip these finely into the salad.
- Optionally grate a teaspoon of the lime zest into the salad. Juice the lime over the salad. Toss gently. Finish with a pinch of raw salt and a light drizzle of EVOO.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw