Author Notes: I am so glad that I made this beautiful and elegant dessert for Fathers Day and even didn’t forget to ask my granddaughter to take a picture.
Original name of this torte is “Lemon-Hazelnut Torte” and is assembled with 4 baked hazelnut-meringue 8-inches in diameter coils, which are baked in 200 degrees oven for 2and 1/2 hours and the lemon cream is made with a homemade lemon curd.
Since I had to cook a lot for our Fathers Day dinner, I bought most of the ingredients in Whole Food’s and only whipped the cream, made the Raspberry Sauce and assembled the torte. (Can be made 2 days ahead).
The original recipe belongs to a pastry chef Emily Luchetti.
I got it from a Bon Appétit magazine for April 1993 that is six month before our family came to America.
For the Torte:
• 2 packages Amaretti Cookies
• 1 jar (10-OZ) prepared Lemon Curd
• 2 cups chilled whipping cream
• 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
• 1 1/2-pint basket fresh raspberries, for garnish
For Raspberry Sauce:
• 2 1/2-pint baskets fresh raspberries
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Beat cream in a medium bowl to soft peaks. Add the superfine sugar and beat until stiff. Fold into lemon curd.
- Cover the bottom of an 8-inch-diameter springform with a tight layer of Amaretti Cookies. Spoon about 1- 11/4 cups lemon cream over and smooth out the top. Repeat the same 3 more times, gently pressing down until the cookies are touching the cream.
- Wrap and freeze torte over night.
- To make the Raspberry Sauce: Puree raspberries in food processor.
- Strain into bowl, pressing on seeds with the back of a wooden spoon. Mix in sugar and lemon juice. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- To serve: Get the torte out from freezer about 15-20 minute before serving, then release pan sides. Transfer torte to a platter or a cake stand.
- Run icing spatula around torte sides to smooth and arrange raspberries on the top. Serve with Raspberry Sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw