Author Notes: After having a delicious raw vegan blondie macaroon at a Beanocchio cafe, I came home and had to try replicating the recipe. —chelsgrant
cup toasted unsweetened coconut
cup unsweetened coconut
In This Recipe
- Soak the almonds for an hour. Drain, disposing of liquid. Reserve almonds.
- Toast 1/2 cup of coconut in a small saute pan over low heat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Put all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until finely ground and begins to hold together.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop mounds of the mixture and place onto prepared baking sheet. Note: when scooping, be sure to press mixture into the tablespoon to ensure it forms a mound and holds together. If the mixture is sticking in the spoon, have a cup of hot water to dip the spoon into between scoops.
- Refrigerate for one hour. These little mounds of joy were soft but held together, even when bitten into. They tasted even better on the second day.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw