Author Notes: simple, delicious, addictive —jwolfsthal
chicken wings, cut up
tablespoons Korean Hot pepper Paste (Gochujong)
tablespoons canola, or other neutral oil
tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
tablespoon kosher salt
teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wash wings and place in large zip lock bag with all ingredients
- Marinate in fridge for 6-24 hours
- Bring to room temperature
- Remove wings from bag and dry with paper towels, discard marinade. You want wings to be fairly dry to help crisp.
- Lightly grease baking sheets with neutral oil and sprad out wings. Do not crowd and use 2 sheets if doubling recipe.
- pre-heat over to 350 and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- when just done, broil on high for 2-5 minutes watching carefully to make sure they crisp but do not burn.
- Serve with rice, and a lot of napkins.