If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend from graduate school first introduced me to this recipe. He trolls the halls peddling his cookies and converting all the history PhD candidates in Santa Barbara. Now, I've brought this recipe to Illinois: it's crossed state lines and is taking the world by storm! —TaraT
Makes: about 2 dozen
teaspoon baking soda
grams brown sugar
grams white sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
sticks butter, melted and cooled
cups chopped semisweet chocolate or chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 385
- Mix together the flour, salt and soda
- Melt the butter
- Mix together the sugars, egg yolk, vanilla and cooled butter
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together to combine, being careful to not over-mix
- Stir in the chocolate
- Bake cookies on nonstick or prepared cookie sheets for 14 minutes, flip and rotate sheets halfway through
- Allow to cool on racks but don't forget to sample the wares as soon as you can pick one up