If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious, healthy muffins that combine the flavors of lemon and blueberry. Light and refreshing, they're a perfect treat for summer!
Nutrition Info (per muffin): 165 calories, 4g fat, 2g fiber, 2g protein
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Eart Balance Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest (from about 1 large lemon)
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin pan, set aside.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a bowl (flours, oats, baking powder, salt), set aside.
- In another bowl add sugar, butter, applesauce, soy milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk together until mixed. Add dry ingredients to and stir until just combined (you don't want to over mix). Gently fold in the blueberries. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once muffins are cool and ready to glaze, make the the glaze by whisking the 1 Tbsp of lemon juice and powdered sugar together in a bowl. Drizzle over muffins.