Here is a delicious, nutritious and refreshing soup for hot summer weather, which can be made in many fruit and berries variations and served with ice cream or any topping you like.
6 to 8
• 12 ounces fresh blueberries, washed and stems removed
• 12 ounces fresh raspberries
• 2 cups 100% grape juice (not from concentrate) + 1/2 cup Manischewitz Concord Grape Kosher wine
• 1/2 cup organic sugar
• 1/2 of a tablespoon fresh ginger finely grated on a microplane
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
• 2 cups fresh fruit and berries (apricots, pineapple, strawberries, and plums) chopped + about 10-12 whole blueberries and raspberries for garnish
• Fresh mint or basil, julienned
• 1/2 cup coconut cream + 1/2 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt +1 tablespoon superfine sugar or honey + 1 teaspoon orange zest, for serving
In This Recipe
Whisk the coconut cream, yogurt and sugar or honey in a mixing bowl until well combined; stir in the orange zest, cover and refrigerate.
In a blender combine raspberries, blueberries, ginger and sugar, process until almost smooth.
Add grape, orange, lemon juices and the wine; process for about 2 more minutes, then strain through a fine-mesh sift , pressing on the solids with a wooden spoon to a large bowl or pitcher and refrigerate until very cold.
To serve, ladle into bowls, garnish with the chopped fruit and a few whole berries.
Top with the coconut cream -yogurt mixture and sprinkle with mint or basil. Add some more lemon juice right before serving to brighten the flavor.