If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here is a delicious, nutritious and refreshing soup for hot summer weather, which can be made in many fruit and berries variations and served with ice cream or any topping you like.
Serves: 6 to 8
• 12 ounces fresh blueberries, washed and stems removed
• 12 ounces fresh raspberries
• 2 cups 100% grape juice (not from concentrate) + 1/2 cup Manischewitz Concord Grape Kosher wine
• 1/2 cup organic sugar
• 1/2 of a tablespoon fresh ginger finely grated on a microplane
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
• 2 cups fresh fruit and berries (apricots, pineapple, strawberries, and plums) chopped + about 10-12 whole blueberries and raspberries for garnish
• Fresh mint or basil, julienned
• 1/2 cup coconut cream + 1/2 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt +1 tablespoon superfine sugar or honey + 1 teaspoon orange zest, for serving
- Whisk the coconut cream, yogurt and sugar or honey in a mixing bowl until well combined; stir in the orange zest, cover and refrigerate.
- In a blender combine raspberries, blueberries, ginger and sugar, process until almost smooth.
- Add grape, orange, lemon juices and the wine; process for about 2 more minutes, then strain through a fine-mesh sift , pressing on the solids with a wooden spoon to a large bowl or pitcher and refrigerate until very cold.
- To serve, ladle into bowls, garnish with the chopped fruit and a few whole berries. Top with the coconut cream -yogurt mixture and sprinkle with mint or basil. Add some more lemon juice right before serving to brighten the flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries