If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I entered a pie baking contest and lost to this wonderful pie. I've made it several times since and can confirm it is deserving of the blue ribbon. —katylua
Makes 1 x 9" pie
cup finely ground almonds
tablespoons confectioner's sugar
cup all purpose flour
tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
tablespoon ice water (more, if needed)
Grated zest of 1 large lemon
cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
cup flour, sifted
- Puree almonds and confectioner's sugar in a food processor.
- Add flour (1 cup) and salt, and pulse to mix.
- Add the butter, and pulse until the mixture begins to hold together. Add ice water, if needed, so the mixture begins to form a ball.
- Remove dough from the processor, and press evenly into the bottom and sides of a 9" pie plate.
- Place the crust in the fridge while making the filling. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice.
- Add the flour (1/2 cup, sifted) to the lemon-egg mixture, and stir until combined, trying to avoid any lumps.
- Pour filling into into the chilled pie crust, and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until set. Remove from oven, and cool on a wire rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries