I entered a pie baking contest and lost to this wonderful pie. I've made it several times since and can confirm it is deserving of the blue ribbon.
I entered a pie baking contest and lost to this wonderful pie. I've made it several times since and can confirm it is deserving of the blue ribbon.—katylua
Makes: 1 x 9" pie
cup finely ground almonds
tablespoons confectioner's sugar
cup all purpose flour
tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
tablespoon ice water (more, if needed)
Grated zest of 1 large lemon
cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
cup flour, sifted
In This Recipe
- Puree almonds and confectioner's sugar in a food processor.
- Add flour (1 cup) and salt, and pulse to mix.
- Add the butter, and pulse until the mixture begins to hold together. Add ice water, if needed, so the mixture begins to form a ball.
- Remove dough from the processor, and press evenly into the bottom and sides of a 9" pie plate.
- Place the crust in the fridge while making the filling. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice.
- Add the flour (1/2 cup, sifted) to the lemon-egg mixture, and stir until combined, trying to avoid any lumps.
- Pour filling into into the chilled pie crust, and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until set. Remove from oven, and cool on a wire rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries