Author Notes: Light and summery, this dessert is perfect for hot days. It is so easy my four-year old made most of it - that is why it is decorated with Cadbury's chocolate buttons. —This Little Piggy (Lisa)
Makes enough for 4
- 5 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 4 ounces blackcurrants and redcurrants
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Put all the berries together in a pan, reserving a few raspberries for later to go in the bottom of each serving glass. Add the maple syrup and heat over a low-medium heat. Gently bring to a simmer, then heat for a few more minutes on a low heat. Sieve into another bowl and cool either in the fridge or in a bowl in a larger bowl of iced water.
- Whisk the heavy cream in a large bowl until it forms thick peaks. Then add the mascarpone cream and continue to whisk but at a lower speed. Pour in the sieved (now cool) liquid and stir.
- Put a few raspberries at the bottom of each glass, then fill with the pink mixture. Decorate with grated chocolate, or chocolate Buttons if you find yourself bullied by a four year old.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries