If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Brie baked in pastry is fairly common party fare. The addition of the raspberries and especially the rosemary make this dish something truly special. —katylua
cup raspberry preserves
cup raspberries, fresh
teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
Ground black pepper
sheet frozen puff pastry (half of a 17.3-oz. package), thawed
13-ounce brie round (approx. 6-7" in diameter)
large egg, beaten
Crackers, baguette slices, grapes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, blend the preserves, raspberries and rosemary. Season with ground pepper (to taste).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry dough to make a 12" square.
- Cut off the top rind of the cheese wheel. Discard the rind.
- Place the brie (rindless side up) in the center of the pastry, and spoon the raspberry mixture on top of the cheese.
- Starting with two opposite corners, fold twos sides of the pastry over the cheese.
- Brush the remaining two sides with egg glaze, and fold over the cheese. Press seams to seal, and brush the pastry with egg glaze.
- Place the pastry-wrapped cheese on a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven until the pastry turns golden brown: approx. 30 minutes. Note: The top of the pastry may split open during the baking process.
- Once removed from the oven, allow the dish to cool on the backing sheet for 20 minutes. Place baked cheese on a serving platter, and serve with crackers, toasted baguette slices and grapes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries