Author Notes: Let's not pretend; this recipe is for a margarita. With an emphasis on simplicity and taste. Our friend with Mexican-Wisconsin heritage threw these together at a backyard cookout one afternoon and it was a bit like watching a card trick. I can't find a reason to make a margarita any other way. It's a foolproof method and really quick; critical after three or four batches. Note: consider using good beer (we used Goose Island Matilda, a Belgian-style ale ) and great tequila (we used Don Julio). Read on. —EmilyNunn
Serves: 4 jerks
12 oz can of frozen limeade
8 oz good beer
4 oz great tequila
- Pour frozen limeade into a blender
- Pour tequila into bottom third of the emptied limeade can
- Carefully place beer into upper two-thirds of the can and pour into the blender. Learn to eyeball these last two steps. Measuring will triple the production time.
- Blend briefly and pour into glasses, salted if necessary.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Beer Cocktail