Author Notes: This is a basic Cosmopolitan recipe only instead of cranberry; I used fresh strawberry juice, instead of plane water a sugar-free strawberry vitamin drink, added some sugar and instead of shaking with ice, froze the drink itself for a more intense flavor.
Please try and enjoy!
• 1 1/4 cups citrus-flavored vodka
• 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
• 3 cups fresh Strawberries hulled and sliced, (makes 2 cups juice)
• 2 cups Organic, Sugar-Free Strawberry Vitamin drink
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 4 ice cube trays
- In a blender, puree strawberries with sugar, and fresh lime juice. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing with a rubber spatula to release as much liquid as possible; discard solids.
- Combine vodka and strawberry juice in a pitcher with 2 cups of the Strawberry water, stir to blend.
- Divide between ice cube trays and freeze at least 4 hours or overnight. The cubes will freeze only partially.
- Just before serving, empty trays into a large bowl and using a fork, break up cubes to loosen ice crystals; the ice will be slush like.
- Spoon slush into tall stemmed glasses and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail