Author Notes: I had a mojito in mind, just not the original. I was looking for a twist and a kick! The sweetness of the strawberries and the aromatic pungent flavor of the rosemary. The combination was perfect! —Heaven On Hearth
- 2 ounces light rum (white rum like Bacardi or Havana Club)
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 3 tablespoons aromatic rosemary flavored simple syrup
- 2 ounces club soda
- 2 strawberries quartered and 1 whole for decoration
- 5 leaves of rosemary (optional) and 1 sprig for decoration
- In a large tumbler, squeeze juice of ½ a lime, 3 tablespoons aromatic rosemary flavored simple syrup, 2 strawberries, quartered and muddle, until the strawberries are crushed, leaving a few big bits to release the strawberry flavor.
- Pour 2 ounces of rum into the tumbler, fill with ice cubes, top with 2 ounces of soda, and add the rosemary leaves and stir.
- Cut the remaining strawberry, lengthwise nearly in half and place on the side of the glass add a sprig of rosemary for the final touch before serving.
Aromatic Rosemary Flavored Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaping tablespoon of rosemary leaves
- In a saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Stir to ensure that all the sugar has melted. Add 1 heaping teaspoon of rosemary leaves. Boil for another 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and leave in the hot liquid for another 5 minutes before straining, then just leave to cool. When cooled, pour in a glass bottle and keep refrigerated. Use when needed. This makes 1 cup of minty simple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail