Author Notes: I'm no mixologist, but made this with stuff in the fridge just so I could sit on my porch and watch the sun set. It was refreshing indeed. For when a beer is just too light and a margarita may just be one too many. —edamame2003
Food52 Review: When I saw this recipe it reminded me of my favorite margarita recipe which includes 12 oz. of beer in the mix, so I was excited to see how this turned out. It is absolutely delightful. As promised, a bit lighter than a classic margarita, and the combination of flavors makes this cocktail entirely new -- and it sure does go down easy. Very refreshing on a 102º day, I'll say! My personal preference would omit rimming the glass with sugar, but don't pass on the peppers -- they really add that extra kick. Great job edamame2003! - Deanna1001 —deanna1001
juice of 1 1/2 fresh limes
teaspoon agave (or to taste)
cup silver tequila
splash of Cointreau
cup beer--ale tastes best
thin slices serrano pepper
Turbinado Sugar on glass rim
- Mix lime juice, agave, tequila, Cointreau and beer.
- line the rim of the glass with sugar
- place ice cubes in the glass
- pour mixture over the ice cubes and throw in the serrano slices.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail