If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm no mixologist, but made this with stuff in the fridge just so I could sit on my porch and watch the sun set. It was refreshing indeed. For when a beer is just too light and a margarita may just be one too many. —edamame2003
Food52 Review: When I saw this recipe it reminded me of my favorite margarita recipe which includes 12 oz. of beer in the mix, so I was excited to see how this turned out. It is absolutely delightful. As promised, a bit lighter than a classic margarita, and the combination of flavors makes this cocktail entirely new -- and it sure does go down easy. Very refreshing on a 102º day, I'll say! My personal preference would omit rimming the glass with sugar, but don't pass on the peppers -- they really add that extra kick. Great job edamame2003! - Deanna1001 —deanna1001
- juice of 1 1/2 fresh limes
- 1 teaspoon agave (or to taste)
- 1/8 cup silver tequila
- splash of Cointreau
- 1/2 cup beer--ale tastes best
- 4 thin slices serrano pepper
- Turbinado Sugar on glass rim
- Mix lime juice, agave, tequila, Cointreau and beer.
- line the rim of the glass with sugar
- place ice cubes in the glass
- pour mixture over the ice cubes and throw in the serrano slices.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
More Great Recipes: