Author Notes: I'm in my twenties and work full-time, but the highlight of my day is coming home and preparing dinner with my boyfriend. We don't have the time or money to prepare elaborate meals, but we love grilling inexpensive cuts of meat like this flank steak. The quick marinade adds a flavorful punch to the meat, and after cooking it to a perfect medium-rare and cutting it against the grain you will be amazed at what a simple, all-star dish this is. —Kitchen Sink Diaries
- 1.5 pounds flank steak
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- Combine the soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, garlic, and Sriracha in a large, resealable bag.
- Add the flank steak to the bag and use your hands to massage the marinade into the meat. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat a grill to medium-high heat. Add the steak to the hot grill and cook for 5 minutes per side.
- Remove meat from the grill, place on a plate, and tent with foil. Let the meat rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the meat against the grain into strips and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Flank Steak