Author Notes: Black plums are one of my favorite things. This is tangy and refreshing and a lovely shade of deep pink. —checker
Makes: enough for several bottles
1 black plum
juice of 1 wedge of a lime (maybe ½ teaspoon)
1 chilled bottle of prosecco
small basil leaves for garnish
In This Recipe
- Peel the plum as you would a peach or tomato, by boiling for a few seconds, than dipping it in an ice bath, than peeling off the skin with a paring knife.
- Chunk the peeled plum into a blender, removing the pit.
- Squirt the juice of one lime wedge into the blender and over the plum.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drop about a teaspoon of the purée into your serving glasses, and top with the prosecco.
- What remains of the puree can be saved in a refrigerated jar for a couple of days.
- Garnish with a small basil leaf and enjoy.