If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Black plums are one of my favorite things. This is tangy and refreshing and a lovely shade of deep pink. —checker
Makes: enough for several bottles
1 black plum
juice of 1 wedge of a lime (maybe ½ teaspoon)
1 chilled bottle of prosecco
small basil leaves for garnish
- Peel the plum as you would a peach or tomato, by boiling for a few seconds, than dipping it in an ice bath, than peeling off the skin with a paring knife.
- Chunk the peeled plum into a blender, removing the pit.
- Squirt the juice of one lime wedge into the blender and over the plum.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drop about a teaspoon of the purée into your serving glasses, and top with the prosecco.
- What remains of the puree can be saved in a refrigerated jar for a couple of days.
- Garnish with a small basil leaf and enjoy.