If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In summer when the garden is overflowing with tomatoes and basil, we seldom eat anything but BLT sandwiches, with or without the bacon. We've tried many variants, including sliced avocado, peppered bacon and horseradish, but this one is our favorite. Try with green zebra tomatoes. —lylebama
- 2 pieces crusty French bread
- 4 pieces Bacon
- 1 fresh tomato
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- Lightly toast bread and spread with hummus (homemade or store-bought) to taste
- Slice tomato thickly, season with salt and pepper, and layer on bread
- Add 3-4 leaves of basil or to taste
- Add 4 strips (more or less) crisp bacon