Author Notes: After an evening of cocktails - had to decide which to vote for in last weeks contest - something hardy is called for at breakfast.
Not being American I have no idea how real Sloppy Joe's taste, but I have always been fascinated with the concept, and here is my take. —Andreadoria56
Assemblin the Sloppy Joe's
- 4 eggs
- 4 whole grain rolls
- Meat sauce
- Sliced medium hot fresh chili
- 300 g minced beef
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 small carrot cut into quater coins
- 1 stalk celary cut into quater coins
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 medium hot chili finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chili
- 1 tablespoon Rooster sauce
- Olive oil
- 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- Heat oil and fry meat - when all has good color add cumin, dried chili, salt and pepper.
- Add onion, garlic and fresh chili and fry for 1-2 minutes until you can clearly smell the oinion and garlic.
- Add carrots and celery and fry a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add Rooster sauce and chopped tomatoes. And cook for at least 20 minutes over low to medium heat until all liquid has been cooked out.
- To assemble: Fry egg, toast roll. Add couple of spoonfuls of meat sauce to bottom half of roll, place fried egg on top and add a few fresh slices of medium hot chili on top.
- Cover with top part of roll. Serve with strong, hot coffee and enjoy - breaking a sweat is good ;)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe