If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My roommate and I decided to watch an episode of Cupcake Wars late last night and unsurprisingly were both overcome with intense sugar cravings before the second round even started. I couldn't decide if I wanted to run out for tasti d-lite (the guy at the place on my block has become a good friend) or throw something together in the kitchen. Maddie, my roommate, offered a deal: if I baked, she'd vacuum. Easy decision. So I went through some recipes and settled on this one for a number of reasons. 1) It's remarkably healthy (79 calories/cookie), 2) it requires only a microwave, a spoon, and a mixing bowl, and 3) the cookies, start to finish, take only 15 minutes. The original recipe comes from Cooking Light, but I eliminated a bit of butter and added chocolate chips (I think, calorie-wise, this comes out about even). Both my roommate and I thought these cookies were incredible. The outside is crispy but the inside is soft and fudgy, thanks to the addition of the yogurt. Half the batch was gone by the time Cupcake Wars was over. Best served warm, with milk. —athaler11
Serves: 24 cookies
cup all purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
tablespoons dark chocolate cocoa powder
cup granulated sugar
cup brown sugar
cup plain non-fat yogurt
teaspoons vanilla extract
cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter in microwave (be sure not to burn)
- Stir in cocoa powder, sugars, vanilla and yogurt
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and chocolate chips
- Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet (I use a silpat)
- Baking for 10 minutes (cookies will still be gooey), and allow to cool on hot baking sheet until firm
- for this and more like it, see www.tastethentell.blogspot.com