Author Notes: A light, made-for-summer take on fair food, reminiscent of the flavors that can be found amongst the Looff Carnival confection stands on the boardwalk in Santa Cruz. —Rachelrum
Bananas, in halves short-ways
tablespoons nut butter of same variety as chosen nut
ounces good quality milk or dark chocolate
cup finely chopped roasted nut of choice (almond or peanuts work well)
- Gently press each popsicle stick half way through a banana, starting at the cut end.
- Cover a large plate with parchment.
- Over a double broiler, temper chocolate until completely melted.
- Meanwhile, slather each banana half with 1 tablespoon of nut butter.
- Dip, drizzle, or roll bananas in melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle bananas with crushed nuts, rotating as you go, until evenly coated.
- Place bananas on parchment and freeze for at least four hours. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food