large fresh peaches with peel, halved and pitted
cup whole cloves
cup pineapple juice
cup brown sugar
cups mascarpone cheese
In This Recipe
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients from "glaze" section (minus peaches). Stir and simmer over medium-low heat until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove cloves from glaze. Set glaze aside.
- In a bowl, combine and stir all ingredients from "topping" section until well blended. Set topping aside.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush peaches with a light coating of oil. Place peaches cut side down onto grill.
- Cook for about five minutes on each side or until tender – be sure to get those fabulous grill marks.
- Remove from grill and drizzle with glaze.
- Spoon a dollop of topping into the center of each peach half and sprinkle with cinnamon. If you want to get fancy, you can even stick a cinnamon stick in the center.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food