If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is just a simple banana bread recipe, great for using up those bananas that are turning brown on the counter. I find the best results to come from using three bananas, but two is also good if that is all you have on hand. We don't include nuts for allergy reasons, but you certainly could throw in a half a cup or so of walnuts. Everything gets mixed in the same microwave safe bowl... I don't believe in dirtying an extra bowl to blend the dry ingredients unless absolutely necessary! —jaimelee22
Makes one loaf
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a regular size loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt butter in microwave.
- Add bananas and mash with butter until smooth and almost soupy.
- Add yogurt, vanilla, and eggs. Mix well.
- Add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Pour in prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out of center clean.