If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Stout and chocolate have so very much in common. For starters, I love them both dearly. They are thick, smooth, creamy, nutty and, if you're dealing with the good stuff, bittersweet. When combined they make an intensely deep and rich flavor. If you use homemade chocolate syrup, this dessert is not very sweet. Top with sweetened condensed milk for a nice contrast of flavors. —HMMessinger
- 1 1/2 cups your favorite chocolate syrup
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate stout
- 1 shot espresso
- sweetened condensed milk
- I like to make my syrup from scratch so that I can control the amount of sugar. I use this recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Syrup-107781
- Make sure beer, chocolate syrup and espresso are very cold. Whisk until these three ingredients are combined. (Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout or Rogue Chocolate Stout are recommended.)
- Place mix in ice cream maker and follow instructions for your machine. Freeze for at least eight hours before eating. Serve with a drizzle of sweetened condensed milk.