If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For those who just can't break away from the currently accepted flavor of supermarket ketchup, or for those who have youngsters around the house that are just not ready for a more adult ketchup, here's a clone of the "H" brand of ketchup. —WileyP
Makes amout 2 1/2 cups
- 10 1/2 ounces tomato sauce
- 7/8 cup light corn syrup
- 5/8 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 pinch marjorum
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch thyme
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together all the ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil. Once the mixture boils, reduce the heat to low and simmer for a full hour uncovered. Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Refrigerates well for 4 weeks or more
More Great Recipes: