Author Notes: My Grandma used to make a microwave brittle when I would visit as a little girl. As a treat, she passed her recipe down to me years ago and I have revised it just a bit and love it as much today as I did back then. Grandma....this ones for you! —Brittany Smith
cups Dry Roasted Peanuts
cup Granulated Sugar
cup Light Corn Syrup
teaspoon Baking Soda
- Grease a baking sheet. I use butter flavored crisco because, let’s face it, everything is better with butter, this is no exception!
- Combine the peanuts, syrup, sugar, and salt in a glass mixing bowl. MAKE SURE IT’S GLASS or the peanut mixture will not be the ONLY thing that’s ooey gooey! Microwave on high for about 7 minutes until bubbly and golden-colored.
- Add in the butter and vanilla, stir to combine and microwave an additional 3 minutes.
- Stir in the baking soda to create a bubbly peanut concoction and quickly dump onto the greased pan. Spread out into a thin layer. Don’t worry if it’s not shaped perfectly…you’re going to break it up anyways.
- Let it set for at least 15 minutes. Break into pieces and enjoy.