Author Notes: This sauce is delicious and can be stored in the fridge and used with turkey, lamb or any game meat. It’s a very versatile sauce as it can be made with a variety of fruit just using the same technique. It can also be used as a spread on a turkey sandwich. —Culinista Annouchka
Serves: 2 cups
cup of port, a medium dry port like Quinta do Infantado’s Ruby is great
cup of fresh or frozen cranberries
cup of fresh pitted cherries (or frozen & thawed) or 1 cup of plums, washed & quartered or a mix of all 3
tablespoon of minced fresh thyme
- Combine the port, cranberries, cherries and thyme in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer until the mixture thickens, the cranberries have popped and the figs have a jammy consistency. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Place the lid and let cool for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce