If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sauce is delicious and can be stored in the fridge and used with turkey, lamb or any game meat. It’s a very versatile sauce as it can be made with a variety of fruit just using the same technique. It can also be used as a spread on a turkey sandwich. —Culinista Annouchka
Serves 2 cups
- 1 cup of port, a medium dry port like Quinta do Infantado’s Ruby is great
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup of fresh pitted cherries (or frozen & thawed) or 1 cup of plums, washed & quartered or a mix of all 3
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh thyme
- Combine the port, cranberries, cherries and thyme in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer until the mixture thickens, the cranberries have popped and the figs have a jammy consistency. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Place the lid and let cool for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce