- Serves 6-8
I just adore crisps. You can pretty much take any fruit that is fresh and in season and make a quick, tasty and comforting dessert by making a crisp. This week there was a sale on raspberries and nectarines and this is one of my favorite combos - so why not make it a crisp!
* The crisp portion of this recipe was inspired by the Apple Cranberry Crisp in Dorie Greenspan's "Baking" —There'sAlwaysPie
stick of butter - melted
1 1/2 cups
large nectarines - pitted and sliced
sugar - or more to taste if the fruit is tart
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, brown sugar, oats and spices. Stir in the walnuts. Pour the melted butter over the mixture and stir until well combined. It will be thick and pasty (for lack of a better term).
- Toss raspberries and nectarines with corn starch and sugar.
- Place fruit in a baking dish - I used an 7x11 - but you could also use a 9x13. Using your hands press the crisp dough on top of the fruit until well covered.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. I checked after 30 minutes and it needed about 7 minutes more until done.
- Let cool a bit and serve warm with whip cream or ice cream!