If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had to come up with something quick for unexpected company and pears bacon and brie are some of our fav's why not "pear" them up?
Sorry about the spoof with crust..eenies, sometimes I am too corny for words. —jane mcmillan
Serves 6 or more
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 3 slices bacon, fried crispy and crumbled
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 1 ripe pear
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 loaves french bread
- Toast the walnuts by placing in a dry pan and toasting until fragrant.
- Fry bacon til crisp, drain on paper towels and crumble into a bowl.
- Remove rind from brie and dice.
- Core and dice the pear .
- Combine everything together except the bread.
- Slice the french bread into 1/4 inch slices and toast under the broiler on both sides.
- Place about a rounded tablespoon of brie walnut pear mixture on each slice of toast.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears