If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was tasked with making a birthday cake for a sugar/starch-free 3-year-old. I kindof combined a bunch of different recipes to make one that I thought would taste good and also didn't have any artificial sweeteners. It turns out a little flat, but I just turned it into a 4-layer cake with lemon cream cheese frosting. —Phoebe120
Lemon Almond Cake
- 1 cup Butter
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 10 Egg Yolks
- 1 cup powdered egg whites
- 1 teaspoon agar agar (or xanthan gum)
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 3 teaspoons Stevia Powder (the green stuff)
- 4 cups Almond Flour (meal is the same thing)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Extract
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 10 Egg Whites, beaten
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese
- Slowly beat in the egg yolks
- In a separate bowl whisk all dry ingredients together
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, add in the extracts
- Beat egg whites until fluffy, then fold into everything else.
- Pour into greased cake pan (1 9x13, or 2 8/9" rounds)
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting and icing.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 packets Sugar-free vanilla pudding mix (about 4oz total)
- 1.5 cups Milk
- 16 ounces Whipping Cream
- Whip whipping cream
- Combine milk and pudding mix, let stand until thickened
- Cream cream cheese until smooth
- Add pudding mix to the cream cheese
- Fold in whipping cream. Twa Da!