If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great way to use up pears that are abundant right now in Michigan. Enjoy!! —SLD
prepared pie crust, top and bottom
pears (peeled, halved, cored and thinly sliced)
cup brown sugar, divided
cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place one piece of prepared pie crust on bottom of pie plate and sprinkle with the flour.
- Combine together the pears, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spoon the filling into the pie pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, cream, vanilla and butter.
- Drizzle the sauce over the filling.
- Cover with the top crust and pinch edges of top and bottom crusts together
- Brush the top of the crust with the beaten egg.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears