If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was born out of a desire to grab whatever my inner-kid felt like using to bake with at the supermarket. Animal Cookies? Check. Cream Cheese? LOVE. Sprinkles? Yes, please! Hence I started with an animal cookie crust, layered some cream cheese icing and topped the bars with cookie batter filled with white chocolate chips and sprinkles. —FedandZested
Makes 1 pan of bars
- 8 ounces animal cookies
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Icing & Batter
- 1/2 stick butter (for icing)
- 1/2 package cream cheese (for icing)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (for icing)
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick butter (for cookie layer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- sprinkles - to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Then crush the 8 oz. of animal crackers in a bag until fine and grainy. Pour into a bowl and add in the stick of melted butter, honey, and cinnamon to make crust. Stir and then place in the bottom of a baking pan .
- Then place the crust in the oven until its golden brown (I put it in there for approximately 10 minutes).
- Next, move onto the icing and take the 1/2 stick butter, 1/2 package of cream cheese and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and stir mixture over low heat until melted together. Place in freezer or fridge for 5 or so minutes to cool slightly.
- While that is cooling you can make your cookie batter. Mix the flour, sugar, and baking powder together in a bowl. Then mix in the two eggs (lightly beaten together), vanilla, and butter (I use melted but not super hot so as to not effect the eggs too much.)
- Then add in the white chocolate chips and sprinkles to the cookie batter.
- Now comes the fun part – layering. You can really mix the cookie dough and the icing anyway you want. I thought it would be fun to have the icing layer in-between the crust and the cookie mixture so I spread it on very thinly right over the baked crust. Then I spread out the cookie dough in an even layer on top of the icing (careful or some of the crust will mix in).
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.