Author Notes: As a college student my budget is tighter than my skinny jeans, so naturally I have to make do with I can afford. Luckily eggs are not only affordable but versatile! I have come up with a ton of variations on a classic favorite: Scrambled Eggs and Sausage. —BandannaNinja
Serves: 1 serving but can be modified
cup grated Havarti Cheese
Chopped Bell Pepper
dashes Sundried Tomato Garlic Seasoning
pinch Salt and Pepper
- Chop 1/2 of a bell pepper, any color you like, I used an Orage one and place in a small bowl.
- Chop horizontally along each sausage, so they become circles then chop each circle in half.
- Crack two eggs into a medium bowl and whisk with a fork. The add two shakes of sun dried tomato garlic seasoning (there are many brands out there but I used "Alexanders") and whisk once more until fully incorporated.
- Grate about 1/2 cup of havarti cheese into a small bowl. Harvati is a softer cheese but it is grate-able! Then take about a pinch or so and sprinkle it into the egg mixture. Whisk again until incorporated.
- Saute sausage over a medium heat until brown and then add bell pepper. Then in a separate smaller pan,pour egg mixture and scramble!
- Once eggs are cooked through transfer to plate and then transfer cooked sausage and pepper and mix together. Sprinkle any remaining havarti to garnish, and ENJOY!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears