If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple take on a Southwestern favorite. Using just one can of corn, one can of black beans, along with some fresh veggies and herbs, this colorful salad is both healthy and easy to make. Serve in a bed of greens along with sliced avocado, or in warm corn tortillas. —Ghost Tropic
- 15 ounces can of black beans
- 15 ounces can of corn
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Drain the corn and empty into a large mixing bowl. Drain and rinse the black beans, combine with corn. (In other words, drain both cans but be sure to rinse the black beans as well.)
- Add the remaining ingredients and gently toss with a spoon. Allow the mixture to rest in the refrigerator for a half hour before serving.
- Variations: for a spicy salad, add one or two finely chopped and seeded jalapeno peppers. Another variation is to add one diced avocado. Keep in mind the avocado won't keep very well, so add it right before serving.