If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After finding a surplus of lentils in the pantry (of which I am slowly trying to clean out), I decided to incorporate them with some spices and vegetables in the crisper drawer! —mtlabor
- 1/2 cup french green lentils
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- juice from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 white/yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- In a medium pot, add lentils and cover with water. Stir in tomatoes and tumeric. Bring to a rolling boil and simmer until the lentils are soft and cooked, about 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet under medium high heat until hot. Add bell peppers and onions. Cook until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Add garam masala and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Season with salt, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice. Add lentil mixture and chicken stock. Bring to a slow boil and simmer for about 10 mins.
- Serve with steamed rice.