If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who doesn't love Macaroni and Cheese! You'll love this recipe, crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. —Chef Laura at Home
- 7 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook macaroni al dente, drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup of butter, stir in flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in milk, cream cheese, salt, pepper and mustard Continue stirring until sauce thickens, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni and cheddar cheese. Pour into a casserole dish, set aside.
- Ina separate bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, melted butter, and parsley. Sprinkle over macaroni and cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown and heated through.
- Optional: To get the top crispy, put under the broiler, watch closely!